Our Thanks to Teachers!
Teachers have a lot on their plate. They make their lesson plans for the whole year, keep records on each student, correct test papers, keep updated in their subjects and most of all conduct voice-vanishing informative lectures! Teachers have to be creative and patient for the most inquisitive minds and they have to make learning fun!
William A. Ward said, "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." Let's honor a teacher this month! Happy Teacher's Day on October 5th!Here are some ways to appreciate (and maybe encourage) the teachers you meet and know:
- Give an apple. Long ago during the American pioneers, there were no gift shops or malls where people could buy gifts so they gave apples to their teachers. It's also a way of wishing someone good health due to the age-old adage "An apple a day keeps the doctor away".
- Write a letter or note of thanks detailing how he or she has helped you or your child. It will surely inspire them to be even better teachers! Send a copy of the letter to the school administrator. Post your favorite teacher's accomplishments on websites and blogs to honor him or her.
- Help a teacher by decorating their homeroom or by brightening up or cleaning up their office!
- Plan a surprise party for your teachers! Have them relax and destress after a hard day at work! Instead of them organizing what the children will do, pack their afternoon with fun games and activities!
- Honor these extraordinary and exemplary teachers! Using colored seeds, Mr. Benjamin Martinez made mosaic paintings and taught this skill to help many indigent students. Mrs. Lourdes Matan of Calbayog City, despite their school's lacking resources, made her own learning materials that were later adapted by the other schools in their city. Mrs. Gemma Cortez launched an environment program that made their barangay one of the cleanest in Cavite. They are only some of this year's Outstanding Teachers Awardees, a search conducted by Metrobank foundation. Click here to read more